Port Douglas Things To Do – Art Experience
Let’s say you’ve been googling Port Douglas Things to Do – Art Experience maybe isn’t what you would have expected to find. Perhaps you’ve got an interest in art or you are a hobbyist. Maybe you’re just curious or maybe you’ve done the reef and rainforest tour and you’re looking for something different. There’s a lot to be learned from an artists space, sometimes as much as the work itself – in truth the space may be more interesting than the work at times. Not the case here ;-), if you’d like to browse my work I’d love to show you around. Perhaps you might actually want to get your hands dirty?
What if you can create something beautiful yourself?
Over the years I have learnt a lot about paint. How to use it, how it behaves. I have dabbled in pretty much every aspect of painting from water colours, acrylics and oils through representational to abstract and exhibited in the U.K. and Australia. I enjoy the freedom of abstract painting so if you fancy looking at some of my work and then having a go yourself I have developed an experience within painting to give a novice a chance to experience the wonder of artistic creation. Without the pressure of ‘getting it right’.
There is no right. There is a really good time and an image that reflects it.
What is the art experience?
The goal of this artist experience is to give you an opportunity to visit a working artist studio in an idyllic tropical setting just metres from Four Mile Beach. You’ll get a first hand insight into the creative process by creating your very own artwork.
What to expect
Your experience is uniquely personalised. This is a private session within my studio, I welcome small groups but like to keep the experience confined to a single party, friends or family (max 4 people). We will start with a refreshing drink in our air conditioned studio whilst we discuss art and process and our plans for the session. I’ll talk you through colour choices and preferences then walk you through the process.
Then it’ll be time for you to get hands on!
By the end of the session you will have two completed works on a 20cm x 20cm canvas.
*No need to worry about getting it home, I will ship it to you in a week or so when it has dried.
Video of the art experience
Cost, timing & all that stuff
WHERE – Port Douglas (We’ll send you the details when you book)
Studio Visit – is free, my work ranges from $100 to $2500.
DURATION – 2 Hours
ABOUT THE ARTIST (ME) –
- I have exhibited and worked as a professional artist for 20 years in Australia and the U.K., I have a Masters in Visual Arts and my work is in collections in 5 countries.
WHAT YOU GET –
- Tour a working artists studio.
- Drinks & Nibbles (BYO if you like an afternoon tipple).
- Tutorial on the technique then instruction as you give it a go.
- All art supplies including 2 x 20cm x 20cm Canvas, shipped to you (Small additional charge for international shipping).
- A polaroid souvenir selfie.
- A good time!
WHO CAN COME? –
- Single or couple sessions are ideal but I’m happy to increase the group to a maximum of 4 people.
- Minimum age of 14 years.
HOW DO I BOOK? –
- Use the booking form below, we will get back to you within 24 hours. Once we have settled on a time I’ll send you a payment link and directions to the studio and we will be ready to go!
- For same day bookings just fill in the form below and my number will appear once you submit.
DO YOU OFFER GIFT VOUCHERS? –
- Click this link to buy a gift voucher and we will email it to you.
- If you are in Port Douglas we can drop a hard copy off to your hotel reception usually on the same day.
Book in for a Studio Visit or Art Experience
If you’d like a studio visit or book a Port Douglas Art Experience just fill in the details below and I’ll be in touch asap.
*For urgent bookings – Additional contact information will appear once you submit.